Friday, June 10, 2011

The weigh in...

I wasn't sure if I was going to share the results of my first weigh in, I almost wanted to wait until i had been on the diet for 1 month. I will first start by saying that I am not one of those people that is afraid of the scale. I am the opposite, I would get on the scale everyday even a few times a day and obsess over what it says. I don't think this is a good thing though because you never know exactly what is going on in your body and if it goes up a little or down less than I wanted then I would just give up on my diet. So this time I have tried to avoid the scale, although I have cheated a few times. I was not going to "officially" weigh myself today because my "you know who" came to visit yesterday and we all know that we women retain water that time of the month!

But I decided to just do it and that I would share it with everyone because if my goal is having accountability and wanting people to support me than I need to be honest and open. So....drum roll please....I lost 6.2 lbs! I am however a very impatient person so 6 lbs seems like nothing compared to how far I have to go BUT I can't and won't let that thought ruin yet another diet. 6 lbs is better than nothing, I will continue to work hard, exercise and loose weight. Like I have said before....I can't go back, I won't go back. I look into Logan and Emma's eyes and I want to be healthy for them, for me. I need this, they are my motivation.

3 comments:

  1. Beth! Just found your blog- that's amazing! 6 pounds is WONDERFUL! So proud of you. You are inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey its very hard looseing weight,and 6lbs is alot.it didnt come on over night so the weight wont come off over night.most people start diets all of the time.thats the easy part its keeping to them thats hard.i,ve learned that every thing good in life involves struggles.i wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 lbs is A LOT to lose in such a short time. congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete