Saturday, June 18, 2011

Out to lunch

Ok, so we are out of town and my diet is going well so far. When we got here I went to the local grocery store and bought some cucumbers and some low fat cheese that I could snack on. We had meatloaf and mashed potatoes last night for dinner, I skipped the potatoes and just had some meatloaf and ate some cucumbers on the side.

We are going out to lunch today with Jason's sister. This is the first time I will be going to a restaurant since I started my diet. Well, I have been to McDonalds once but I don't consider that a restaurant! Anyhow, we are going to Chili's. I took some time last night to look up their menu and the nutrition info so I was prepared. What i saw just amazed me, 195 carbs in some of their dishes. I am just blown away that I used to eat like that, it almost makes me sick. So I decided I will get the grilled salmon with a side of roasted veggies. To my surprise, this is the ONLY healthy thing on the menu....#crazy!

I know I have a long way to go but I am learning new things about myself everyday. One thing I will tell you is that I am a very emotional eater. When I am happy, sad, bored, tired, anxious, It doesn't matter, I eat. I have learned to say a little prayer or just find something else to do instead of snacking all day long. One of the biggest thing I have learned is that I feel so much better that I am accomplishing something than the "good feeling" food gave me before. I look at food in a completely different way. I am learning to eat to live, not live to eat!

2 comments:

  1. Are you doing low carb?? Alot of times I will get the fajitas and not eat the tortillas... or now that I've been doing it longer I will treat myself by getting a steak sandwhich and eating it open face, with just half the bread(and even then I cut some of it away.) I feel a little bit more normal and if I stick with the meat, veggies and cheese - things I know are okay for low carb... then I'm not so worried about it. But yes - always check the menu out if you can... it's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete