Monday, June 13, 2011

Struggles

Ok, so I have made it through my 2nd weekend on a diet. Weekends seem to be more difficult for some reason, maybe because it's easier to just grab drive thru than to cook a healthy dinner. Either way, I made it through, and I can't say that I didn't cheat at all but the few little cheats I had weren't too bad. But if those little cheats keep my on my diet, than I feel like as long as I am not binging on twinkies than that's okay.

I have always thought that after a few weeks on a diet your stomach would shrink. I wonder if that's true because so far I feel just as hungry as I did 2 weeks ago! Like I said before, sometimes it feels good to be hungry, but only for so long! My biggest struggle is snacking. I always feel like I want a snack. On the diet I am on it's okay to snack but it should be on veggies....which gets old quick! I have to remind myself that just because I am hungry does not mean that I have to eat but I also don't let myself get ravenously hungry because then I want to binge....finding that balance is hard but I am getting there. I have also found that when I am hungry I go drink a glass of water and that usually helps.

Everyday is a new day and I know that tomorrow will present new challenges but with God I know that all things are possible. I am doing a study on Psalm 51 and it has been really refreshing for me. Tonight's study was on "restoration". Here is a few sentences that really spoke to me... " He is refining us by His grace so that we can shine with His character...He was willing to be condemned so that we may live in beauty and for the purpose which we were first constructed, the praise of His glory". 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through Camille Jennings blog. I don't know her in real life either, but have been reading her blog since the beginning. I'm considerably older than you and have the same battles with food -- using it for comfort, entertainment, relief from boredom, etc. It's pretty crazy to think that hunger is rarely the reason I eat! Not to put any pressure on you, but maybe you'll be the inspiration I need to change my attitude toward food. Good luck in your journey toward a healthier life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing so well and I am so proud and inspired by you! I want to work on asking God to fill me up before I turn to food to fill me- I am a super emotional eater.

    ReplyDelete