Friday, August 5, 2011

Way too long...

Ok, so you probably think I fell of the face of the earth. I can't believe it has been 3 weeks since my last blog post!

It has been a crazy few weeks in my defense though. I have been having pain in my back for sometime now and have gone to the chiropractor several times for it. Well a few weeks ago the pain got much worse and I almost called the chiropractor again, but instead decided to go the the Emergency Room. I found out that I need to have my gall bladder out. They are also checking my appendix to see if I need that out. A common cause of the Gall Bladder going bad is rapid weight loss, so maybe that is why I have been having the pain?? Either way, I am glad I got it checked out. The surgery is scheduled for August 18th so please keep me in your prayers, I HATE going under general anesthesia. I don't like being "put to sleep" and mostly I don't like the way I feel after. So please pray for my safety and comfort.

Ok, so you are probably wondering about the weight loss. About 10 days ago, I switched from "phase 1" to "phase 2" of my diet. During phase 1 I had to be a lot more strict with the things I could eat, it was sorta like Atkins. I know however that on a diet like Atkins, as soon as you go back to eating somewhat normal again, you can gain your weight back. So on the diet I am on, the first 8 weeks are really strict, kinda like a detox, giving your liver a chance to rest from all the white flour and sugar. Phase 2 teaches you how to eat healthy carbs for the rest of your life....so I am working on that. Because I started phase 2, I hadn't weighed myself in 10 days and I am happy to report that I have lost another 2.8lbs for a total of 23.8lbs lost!! It feels so good to put on a pair of pants or a shirt and it be loose!!

So I think that is it for now, thanks again for your support and prayers!

1 comment:

  1. whoo hooooo!!! so proud of you for the weight loss!! i will keep you in thoughts for surgery!!

    ReplyDelete